document details

Journal Article

Journal TitleDublin historical record
Article TitleSt. Anne's : the Guinness Estate
AuthorSharkey, Joan Ussher
DateAutumn 2004
Contenttext, illustrations
OrganisationGuinness Family
Note(s)Outlines the history of St. Anne's estate from 1835 when it was leased by Benjamin Lee, the son of Arthur Guinness (the brewer), until it was acquired by Dublin Corporation in 1939. ; The house was damaged by fire in 1943, and demolished in 1968. The Corporation built the new housing estate in 1952. Most of the land is now a public park
Subject(s)demesnes ; parks ; country houses ; clock towers
QUB LocationSearch QUB Library Catalogue
UCD LocationSearch UCD Library Catalogue

related structures