document details

Part of Book

Book TitleHospital builders
Chapter TitleSt James's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Book EditorMonk, Tony
Contenttext, photos, plans, isometrics
Note(s)Only remaining historical structures on the site are, from the 17th c, the Linen Factory (now TCD School of Physiotherapy), Master's House (now Haughton Institute), and Hospital 1 (formerly Infirmary SW) by Francis Johnston, 1803 ; Original c18c design tentatively attributed to Richard Mills or William Robinson; for full details of site history, see Christine Casey Dublin, 2005, pp642-644
Subject(s)hospitals ; additions ; workhouses ; renovation
QUB LocationSearch QUB Library Catalogue
UCD LocationSearch UCD Library Catalogue

related structures