structure details

Carton,
Maynooth,
Co Kildare,
Republic of Ireland


This structure contains the following sub-structures

structure history

1739 original construction
  » Castle, Richard
1815 renovated
  » Morrison, Richard
2006 conversion
  » Murray O Laoire Architects

Other architects involved

  » Murray O'Laoire Associates [Note: proposed conv]
  » Wyatt, James [Note: proposals]
  » Chambers, William

related documents [select documents to add to marked list] [expanded view]

[select all]
The architecture of Richard Morrison (1767-1849) and William Vitruvius Morrison (1794-1838) (1989)Book
Irische Hauser : geschichte, architektur, wohnkultur / Irish houses : history, architecture, furnishing (1982)Book
The fusion of neo-classical principles - Classical influences in the work of Richard and William Vitruvius Morrison (2011)Part of Book
Great Irish houses - Carton, County Kildare (2008)Part of Book
Irish houses and gardens from the archives of Country life - Carton, Co Kildare (1998)Part of Book
Palimpsest : change in the Irish building tradition - (1994)Part of Book
Drawings from the Irish Architectural Archive - (1993)Part of Book
The architecture of Richard Morrison and William Vitruvius Morrison - (1989)Part of Book
Irish houses and castles - Carton (1971)Part of Book
The Cambridge History of Ireland - Art and architecture in the long eighteenth century (2018)Part of Book
[Irish arts review] Carton : from ducal mansion to country house hotel (Spring 2007)Journal Article
[Country life] Sources for Irish stuccowork (4 April 1991)Journal Article
[Plan] Conservation-led approach to Carton development (1991)Journal Article
[Landscape design] (August 1980)Journal Article
[Country life] Sir Richard Morrison's country houses - 2 : building in the grand manner (31 May 1973)Journal Article
[Quarterly bulletin of the Irish Georgian Society] Sir William Chambers, friend of Charlemont (July / September 1965)Journal Article
[Quarterly bulletin of the Irish Georgian Society] Irish Rococo plasterwork (July / September 1960)Journal Article