structure details

Bank of Ireland,
College Green,
Dublin,
Republic of Ireland
Alternate Names : (Beresford Hotel / The Grand Central Cinema / Dublin Bread Company Picture House)


This structure contains the following sub-structures

structure history

1728 - 1730 original construction
  » Pearce, Edward Lovett
1785 added to
  » Gandon, James
1794 added to
  » Park, Robert
1804 - 1808 conversion
  » Johnston, Francis
1940s renovated
1978 renovated
  » Meehan, George
19th - 20th c added to

Other architects involved

  » Farrell, Isaac
  » Barnes, William
  » Symes, Sandham [Note: 19th c]
  » Millar & Symes [Note: 19th c]
  » Millar, Adam Gerald [Note: 20th c]
  » Millar, Herbert Vivian [Note: 1940s]

related documents [select documents to add to marked list] [expanded view]

[select all]
College Green : urban treatise (2013)Book
An account of the Parliament House, Dublin (1896)Book
Dublin : a grand tour - (1994)Part of Book
Drawings from the Irish Architectural Archive - (1993)Part of Book
Francis Johnston, architect, 1760 - 1829 - (1969)Part of Book
The Cambridge History of Ireland - Art and architecture in the long eighteenth century (2018)Part of Book
[Irish arts review] Parliament House to Bank of Ireland (Winter, December 2011 / February 2012)Journal Article
[Irish arts review] Parliament House to Bank of Ireland : the fate of Pearce's masterpiece? (Winter, December 2011 / February 2012)Journal Article
[Irish arts review] A capital tale - some relicts of Pearce's Parliament House rediscovered (2001)Journal Article
[Irish arts review yearbook] Bankbuilding in nineteenth-century Ireland (1995)Journal Article
[Irish builder and engineer] The ravages of 250 years (March / April 1979)Journal Article
[Building design] Doing up Dublin (8 December 1978)Journal Article
[Quarterly bulletin of the Irish Georgian Society] The architecture of the Bank of Ireland, Part I : the Parliament House 1728 - 1800 (January / June 1977)Journal Article
[Quarterly bulletin of the Irish Georgian Society] The architecture of the Bank of Ireland, Part II : the building of the bank 1800 - 1946 (July / December 1977)Journal Article
[Plan] The Bank of Ireland cleaned and restored (August 1975)Journal Article
[Architectural review] Some Dublin buildings - 1 (May 1906)Journal Article